By Dawn Jackson Blatner, RDN in partnership with Eggland’s Best
March is National Nutrition Month, and Eggland’s Best has provided us with recipes that highlight the importance of healthy meals and snacks to keep little ones energized throughout the day. Follow the directions below and enjoy!
OATMEAL SNACK BARS
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield/Total Servings: 16 snack bars
- 2 Eggland’s Best eggs
- 1 mashed ripe banana (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour (or whole wheat flour)
- 1/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, whisk Eggland’s Best eggs, mashed banana, maple syrup & vanilla.
- In another bowl, mix together oats, flour, chocolate chips, baking powder, salt & cinnamon.
- Add the egg mixture (wet ingredients) to the oat mixture (dry ingredients) and stir.
- Spread batter into an 8×8 baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until set in middle and golden around edges.
- Let cool and cut into 16 squares.
Allergy Info: vegetarian, dairy-free, whole grain
- Serving size: 1 snack bar
- Calories: 100
- Total Fat: 4.5g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Sodium: 110mg
- Carbohydrate: 14g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Added Sugar: 3g
- Protein: 3g
BREAKFAST EGG BOXES
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield/Total Servings: 5 breakfast boxes
- 5 Eggland’s Best eggs
- 5 whole grain English muffin halves, toasted
- 2.5 cups grapes
- 5 ounces cheese, cut into cubes
1. Add Eggland’s Best eggs to a pot of water and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat, simmer for 10 minutes and remove eggs.
3. Put eggs into a bowl of ice-cold water for 2 minutes, peel and cut each in half.
4. Evenly split all the ingredients between 5 containers.
5. Cover containers and store in fridge for up to 5 days.
Time Saver: Use ready-to-eat Eggland’s Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs.
Fun Tip: Try other Breakfast Egg Box variations such as hard boiled EB egg + whole grain toast + orange wedges + almonds OR hard boiled EB egg + whole grain frozen waffle + strawberries + nut butter.
Allergy Info: vegetarian, no added sugar, whole grain
- Serving size: 1 breakfast box
- Calories: 310
- Total Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 205mg
- Sodium: 310mg
- Carbohydrate: 29g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Added Sugar: 0g
- Protein: 18g