Phase One Reopening Plans
In an effort to continue to serve our communities, the YMCA of Coastal has developed the following plan to reopen our facilities at reduced occupancy and program options with a strict focus on physical distancing and sanitation. Throughout this process, we have and will continue to work with local, State and Federal authorities to maintain adherence to changing guidelines and we feel confident that our facilities can safely return to full operations at the conclusion of this staged opening.
PHASE 1 – EXERCISE ONLY
Members who consider themselves to be part of a vulnerable population are discouraged from entering the facility. All facilities will enforce strict social and physical distancing efforts, and all staff who may be in close contact with members and/or other staff will wear required appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including but not limited to disposable or cloth masks and non-latex gloves. Social gatherings of 10 or more will not be permitted. All facilities will implement additional sanitation procedures and have staff dedicated to cleaning equipment between users. Additional facility specific changes to normal operations will include:
- Hours of Operation
- Mon-Fri: 7am – 7pm
- Sat: 7am-3pm
- Sun: Closed
- Members will be limited to a one-time, 60-minute visit per day
- No guests will be permitted. Facility use will only be for members during Phase 1.
- Limiting room/space capacity to ensure proper social distancing guidelines
- Pool will be open for individual exercise only (i.e. lap swimming, water walking, etc.). Pool lanes are limited to 1 person per lane; not to exceed a 30-minute session.
- Family Locker room only with no access to showers.
- Men’s & Women’s locker rooms will remain closed
- Reservations are strongly encouraged for classes and for pool lanes via our provided software. Reservations will not be taken over the phone. For information on how to register for classes, please click here.
- Members must maintain minimum of 6 feet distance and wash (minimum of 20 seconds with soap and water) or sanitize their hands before workouts.
- When feasible, members and staff should wear cloth face coverings when around others.
- Access in/out of the facility is controlled by signage and barriers.
- GT location – every other piece of cardio equipment will be used and have a 30-minute time limit (where applicable). CCE location- all pieces are cardio will be available
- Members must disinfect equipment before and after use. Provided disinfectant cleaner must remain on used area for a minimum of 60 seconds before wiping to ensure proper cleaning.
- Limited number and capacity for land-based group fitness classes maximize physical distancing. Virtual classes will continue.
- No senior specific programming (Silver Sneakers, Water Aerobics, etc.) Limited or no programs (youth sports, swim lessons, swim team, personal training, etc.)
- No use of sauna, as a minimum safe distance of 6 feet cannot be maintained.
- No open gym (basketball, pickleball, volleyball, etc.).
- No coffee/water service
- No sitting/gathering areas
- Child Watch and playground closed
Throughout Phase 1, we will continue to review these guidelines regularly and communicate changes through email, our website and social media to meet federal, state and local guidelines. We will continue providing virtual resources for our members who are still sheltering at home.
For more information on state and local guidelines please see below the links for Accelerate SC