No doubt about it. This is football country. Whether you bleed teal, orange, or garnet, or prefer the Panthers, nearly everyone spends their fall weekends watching football. Add another game to your list, and get your son or daughter involved on the gridiron with NFL FLAG Football.
NFL FLAG is the premier youth flag football league for boys and girls ages 5-15. The program provides young players a fun and exciting opportunity to engage in non-contact, continuous action while learning life lessons in teamwork.
AGES 5-14 as of September 1, 2020
Division Grade Birth Date Range
6U K & 1st 9/1/13 – 8/31/15
8U 2nd & 3rd 9/1/11 – 8/31/13
10U 4th & 5th 9/1/09 – 8/31/12
12U 6th & 7th 9/1/07 – 8/31/09
15U 8th – 10th 9/1/04 – 8/31/07
Early Registration (for returning players, staying on the same team as Fall 2020) = 12/22/20 – 2/28/21
Members = $65 / Non-Members = $85
Open Registration = 3/1/21 – 5/2/21
Members = $85 / Non-Members = $105
Late Registration = 5/3/21 – 5/9/21
Members = $105 / Non-Members = $125
*Financial Assistance is made available through the YMCA Open Doors Campaign.
REGISTER Online at coastalcarolinaymca.org or at the YMCA
DATES Coaches Meeting May 10
Game Schedule May 12
1st Practice May 17
1st Game May 26
Playoffs Week of July 5th
Co-ed, all abilities and skill levels welcome
Players will be split into five divisions: 6U | 8U | 10U | 12U | 15U
Utilizing the NFL Flag Football Rules and Standards for 5 on 5 play
Click Here for details about our COVID-19 precautions
When: Mondays or Tuesdays, 1-hour between 5 PM – 8 PM
Where: CDM Fields, Chapin Epps Family YMCA, or YMCA Fields at The Market Common
Attire: Mouthguard, T-shirt, shorts without pockets, and cleats
When: Wednesdays or Thursdays, 45 Minutes (2, 20-minute halves and a 5 minute half time), between 5 PM – 8 PM
Where: DM Fields, Chapin Epps Family YMCA, or YMCA Fields at The Market Common
For more information, call the Y at 843.449.9622
1. We will allow one coach on the field per team for all age divisions.
- 6U & 8U Divisions – Coaches may remain on the field.
- 10U, 12U & 15U Divisions – Coaches will be allowed on the field to direct players, but must move to the sidelines before the snap of the ball.
2. For at least the first game, we will be extending the play clock to 40 seconds. Our aim is to get this back to the 25 second play clock as soon as possible.
3. After one team is winning by 28 points or more, the game is over and the score at that time stands, but will continue as a scrimmage.
We expect that coaches will use good judgement and modify their tactics in order to prevent humiliation. For example, coaches should rotate players at QB, switch defensive coverages, etc.
4. “The center must snap the ball with a rapid and continuous motion between his/her legs to a player in the backfield, and the ball must completely leave his/her hands.” (pg. 14)
Modification: Side snaps are permitted in 6U & 8U divisions.