No doubt about it. This is football country. Whether you bleed teal, orange, or garnet, or prefer the Panthers, nearly everyone spends their fall weekends watching football. Add another game to your list, and get your son or daughter involved on the gridiron with NFL FLAG Football.
NFL FLAG is the premier youth flag football league for boys and girls ages 5-15. The program provides young players a fun and exciting opportunity to engage in non-contact, continuous action while learning life lessons in teamwork.
Division Grade Birth Date Range
U6 K 9/1/16 – 8/31/17
U8 1st & 2nd 9/1/14 – 8/31/16
U10 3rd & 4th 9/1/12 – 8/31/14
U12 5th & 6th 9/1/10 – 8/31/12
U15 7th – 9th 9/1/06 – 8/31/10
- Ages 5-15 as of August 31, 2022
- Co-ed, all abilities and skill levels welcome
- Children will be split into five divisions: U6 | U8| U10 | U12 | U16
- During the summer season, 1-hour practices are on Mondays or Tuesdays
- During the summer season, 45-minute games are played on Wednesdays or Thursdays
- Utilizing the NFL Flag Football Rules and Standards for 5 on 5 play
- This is an instructional league, the main focus of practice, drills, and games will be on skill development
- The season consists of 6 regular-season games and one week of playoffs
- All participants, coaches, parents, and guardians will be held to the Ys code of conduct
Email – [email protected]
*Financial Assistance is made available through the YMCA Annual Campaign.
**Registration fee includes NFL FLAG reversible jersey and flag belt.
REGISTER FOR MYRTLE BEACH
ONLINE or at the Claire Chapin Epps YMCA – 5000 Claire Chapin Epps Dr, Myrtle Beach SC 29577
REGISTER FOR GEORGETOWN
ONLINE or at the Tidelands Health Georgetown Family YMCA – 529 Browns Ferry Road, Georgetown SC 29440
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How are the coaches picked? GREAT QUESTION!! All of our coaches are volunteers. Some of them are Y staff, some are parents helping coach their kids, while others are folks from the community who share the same Y values. ALL of our coaches go through a background check. Your child’s safety is our #1 priority.
How often is practice? Typically, our teams practice once a week. We know your life is busy so most of those practices will last around 1 hour. We want to honor your time so we provide resources to the coaches to help make your season the best it can be.
Can I stay and watch practice? Absolutely! We encourage it! As a matter of fact, our teams are always looking for Assistant Coaches if you’re interested in helping. We just ask that you maintain social distancing while watching your child’s practices or games.
What equipment will my child need? Each child will cleats, a mouth guard, and a water bottle.