WE HELP CHILDREN GROW
At the Y, we believe that children learn best through play.
In Jumpstart Preschool, we believe young children are enthusiastic and eager to learn.
We believe it is important for each child to be an individual and express themselves creatively.
We also believe that it is equally important for children to learn self-control, sharing, and social adjustment, while each child develops at their own speed, and we strive to offer every opportunity for them to learn in their own time.
We welcome ALL and know that the inclusion of families from different ethnicities, cultures, and backgrounds will help enhance our preschool program and the lives of the children who come together to learn.
About our Program
Our safe environment gives kids the perfect place to learn foundational skills, develop healthy, trusting relationships plus cultivate fine and gross motor skills. We plan our classes to develop each child’s self-esteem and strong image of self-worth. In every class, we encourage children to explore, ask questions and solve problems.
Our early childhood educators provide a warm and secure atmosphere with five areas of focus to help kids meet and exceed developmental milestones: learning, life skills, healthy habits, socialization and fine and gross motor skills.
Daily Activities include:
- Arts & Creativity
- Science & Discovery
- Fine & Motor Gross Activities
- Language & Literacy
- Social Studies
- Emotional Health
- Indoor & Outdoor Physical Fitness
Frequently Asked Questions
This program is for ages 18mo-5yo. Must be toilet-trained for ages 3 and up.
Yes, we provide financial assistance for tuition costs for those who qualify. Click here for more information about the financial assistance we provide.
The program hours are Monday – Friday from 8:00AM-12:00PM. We hope to expand to a full-day preschool program in 2023.
- 2yr Old Classroom Three-Day Program (MWF)
- 2yr Old Classroom Five-Day Program (M-F)
- 3yr Old Classroom Five-Day Program (M-F)
- 4-5yr Old Classroom Five-Day Program (M-F)
- All preschool doors will remain locked until 8:00AM, then again after 8:30AM until 11:30AM.
- If you need to drop off after 8:30AM please provide us with that information beforehand so that we may plan accordingly.
- Please do not bring your child prior to 8:00AM (unless otherwise notified) as teachers are busy preparing for the day and are not always in the classroom.
- Children should be walked inside by a guardian through the front doors of the Preschool building into their classrooms, where teachers will be to greet and sign them in & out every day.
- Please be prompt when picking up your child(ren).
- Our late fee is $1.00 per minute per child.
- Individuals listed on the approved pick-up list may pick up the child by having picture ID or until teacher know each guardian.
- Other individuals not listed for pick-up on the form will be unable to pick up a participant unless one of the following perquisites is met.
- A handwritten note from the parent or guardian must be given prior to pick up identifying the individual, listing the child and date.
- In a short notice, a parent may call or email the director, requesting pick up by a specific individual.
In each of these situations the person picking up the child must show picture ID to the director at the door before entering.
Our Preschool Program follows the Horry County Schools District calendar.
Your child should bring the following items:
- Water bottle
- Change of clothes
- Comfort Item (If needed)