Expansion of Phase 2: Claire Chapin YMCA Only
Reopening of the Gymnasium
- Cycle Classes will be relocated to MP1
- Due to the reduction in space, only 15 (versus 17) bikes will be available
- Reservations are still recommended, but not REQUIRED
- Classes will remain on the same schedule
- Open Gym space will allow full use of the gym (when needed)
- Group-X classes will remain on the same schedule, with the exception of cycle
- Additional programming is set to begin, including youth sports like wrestling and basketball
- Open Gym will be available for recreational basketball, free play, etc. with reservations strongly encouraged, but not REQUIRED
- Time limits for Open Gym will be set for 90 min. time limits initially
- We will encourage members to provide their own basketball, the YMCA will not provide basketballs at this time
- Pickleball is not on the schedule for the remainder of the year, but will return as demand increases
Dear Valued YMCA Member,
We have been pleased with how Phase 2 of our reopening has gone, although it has lasted much longer anyone anticipated, we are thrilled to begin Phase 3 on September 8th! We will continue to follow best practices that are being shared by the CDC, YMCA of the USA, and a variety of local and state resources, in order for everyone to remain safe while we redefine normal here at the Y.
Here are the Phase 3 guidelines that will be used at all YMCA of Coastal Carolina locations:
- Sports Programs: Fall/Spring Youth Soccer, Youth Basketball, Adult Soccer, etc.
- We have lifted the restrictions guests and members from other YMCAs
- Hours of Operation
- Mon – Thu 5AM – 8PM
- Fri 5AM – 7PM
- Sat 7AM – 3PM
- Sun Closed
- Eliminated the 90-minute daily time limit
- Increased volume of group exercise classes (land and water) and Child Watch hours. Check with your branch for specific details and schedules.(Schedules are subject to change)
Staff & members will continue to have a temperature reading upon entering the facility and practice social distancing. Anyone (members/non members/staff) with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be allowed entry and will not be allowed to return until they are fever-free for 72 hours.
- Staff & members are required to wear face coverings while in common areas and when entering/exiting the building.
- Complimentary masks will no longer be provided, but may be purchased at the front desk
- We will continue to adhere to the guidelines set forth by the CDC as well as state and local authorities in order to protect everyone who enters into one of our facilities.
- Reservations are strongly encouraged for classes, lap lanes, and child watch – Click here for details
- Coffee/water services will remain unavailable at this time
- Open play in gymnasium will remain unavailable at this time
Thank you for your continued support.
Regular exercise is one component of a healthy lifestyle that can help reduce stress and prevent illness. While we would love to see you at the Y, we honor and respect each individual’s choice with regard to your health during this time. If you are unable to join us at one of our facilities, we have a variety of at-home exercise options for members.
Click Here for the FAQ