For the safety of our YMCA members, program participants and staff, we continue to be thoughtful and intentional about our reopening process. Based on guidelines established by the CDC, YMCA of the USA, and a variety of local and state resources, our facilities are operating with restricted offerings and hours to allow our staff team to maintain facility cleanliness and control facility traffic in accordance with social distancing.
Keep Your Distance – We have prepared our facilities to accommodate for social distancing by spacing out equipment, alternating our treadmill and cardio usage to every other machine, and by limiting capacity in the facility and in classes so everyone has the recommended six feet of space.
Wear A Mask – While not required by local government, we request that members and guests continue to wear their masks whenever possible, especially while in common areas. We are not suggesting that masks be worn during vigorous activity, exercise, or in instances where they may obstruct breathing.
Wipe Down Equipment – Our Y staff will be sanitizing equipment and high-touch areas regularly and deep cleaning after the facilities are closed. Please do your part by wiping down equipment before and after your workout with the EPA-approved disinfectant and sanitizer provided.
Expect Reduced Capacity – Currently, we are operating under the Governor’s mandate to reduce capacity.
Make Reservations – Please continue to make reservations in advance for Group Exercise Classes, Child Watch, and Lap Swimming to help us manage capacity. Reservations are first-come, first-serve
Expansion of Phase 2: Claire Chapin YMCA Only
Reopening of the Gymnasium
- Cycle Classes will be relocated to MP1
- Due to the reduction in space, only 15 (versus 17) bikes will be available
- Reservations are still recommended, but not REQUIRED
- Classes will remain on the same schedule
- Open Gym space will allow full use of the gym (when needed)
- Group-X classes will remain on the same schedule, with the exception of cycle
- Additional programming is set to begin, including youth sports like wrestling and basketball
- Open Gym will be available for recreational basketball, free play, etc. with reservations strongly encouraged, but not REQUIRED
- Time limits for Open Gym will be set for 90 min. time limits initially
- We will encourage members to provide their own basketball, the YMCA will not provide basketballs at this time
- Pickleball is not on the schedule for the remainder of the year, but will return as demand increases
Regular exercise is one component of a healthy lifestyle that can help reduce stress and prevent illness. While we would love to see you at the Y, we honor and respect each individual’s choice with regard to your health during this time. If you are unable to join us at one of our facilities, we have a variety of at-home exercise options for members.
Below are some academic resources that you can use for your child’s e-learning lessons.
Click Here for the FAQ