In order to protect the health of our community, and with an abundance of caution, we have temporarily closed all YMCA facilities effective March 19th through at least March 29th. For the latest updates, please visit https://www.coastalcarolinaymca.org/
Our offices are closed from March 19th – 29th, however we will limited staff on hand to receive urgent calls during business hours.(8am – 5pm)
The YMCA is a nonprofit charity that relies on membership dues and donations to support the majority of the work we do. Without ongoing support from YMCA members, there would be a critical gap in the vital services the Y provides to the community. While being sensitive to individual financial needs and circumstances, the YMCA respectfully requests that members continue their membership payments at this time. All membership payments made while the YMCA is closed will be recognized as tax-deductible charitable contributions to the YMCA. Even if you don’t itemize on your 2020 tax form, you can now take a deduction for up to $300 in charitable contributions under the CARES Act that was recently passed. If you are unable to continue your regular membership payments, but still want to help in some capacity, please email member services at [email protected] . Members that continue to support the YMCA in this way will receive a letter acknowledging their contribution at year-end to be used for tax purposes. The Y is a 501(c)3, nonprofit organization that exists to serve the community and we have accordingly transitioned the use of YMCA facilities and refocused our YMCA staff in an effort to meet the most critical needs in our community at this time. Thank you for partnering with us!
Will I be refunded if my program is cancelled/postponed by YMCA or a governing agency?
The YMCA, like many nonprofit organizations, is preparing to experience significant hardships in addition to those already realized. Second only to everyone’s health and safety, we aim to provide financial assistance, fund our overhead, and continue to offer life-changing programs for all. However, we recognize families across the nation are also bracing for their own challenges.
Please choose from the following options: (Programs Only) · Kindly DONATE funds already paid for your program. Please contact your Y to discuss how you can receive a tax receipt for your thoughtful and generous gift. Thank you!
- Save the funds for your program as a credit to be used in the future:
- You can choose another date, and we’ll hold your spot
- We’ll hold the credit in your account (good for one year)
- Or, receive a full refund for the amount paid for your program.
In addition to the many steps we take every day to protect the health of our members, guests, and staff, we are currently engaging in the following additional practices:
- We have increased the availability of hand sanitizer.
- Increased the number of signs and literature about the importance of handwashing and other prevention practices.
- Housekeeping is taking additional steps to deep clean; using hospital grade cleaning products, focusing on door handles, crash bars, light switches, toilets, faucets, and showers.
- Program areas are also being disinfected between uses.
- · All staff members have received numerous trainings on the prevention of communicable diseases.
- Staff are required to stay home if ill and travel restrictions have been temporarily implemented.
According to the CDC, there is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (e.g., with chlorine or bromine) of pools should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19.
- Maintain your monthly membership draft or Join the Y if you are not already a member.
- Consider Donating to the Annual Campaign so that we can continue to provide scholarships which enable anyone, regardless of ability to pay, to participate in our enriching programs and services.
- We will continue to keep you informed about changes to our services on our website. https://www.coastalcarolinaymca.org/
- These are certainly unprecedented times that call for unconventional means – and for encouraging and supporting each other. Please stay with us through this crisis so that we can continue to support our community, now and in the future